The latest brewery in the Brussels region to open their doors, is Nanobrasserie de l’Ermitage. You can even take that quite literally, since every Friday and Saturday afternoon and evening, everybody is welcome in the brewery’s pallet and keg decorated, but cosy taproom to try their beers, and have a (guided) wander around the brewery. Beer lovers already found their way to Anderlecht to visit nearby Cantillon — less than 200 meters away — but now they have a reason to stay after the last lambic of the day is served!
A little over a year ago we had our first taste of Nanobrasserie de l’Ermitage‘s beers at L’Amère à Boire, at the time still mostly brewed at home. It was no coincidence the tasting was at a bar in Ixelles: the brewing friends studied together not far from there at the ULB, and at that point, they were still hoping to find a location for their brewery in their beloved Ixelles.
It didn’t quite turn out that way, but the new location is actually really good: within easy walking distance from the South station and even the center of Brussels, and within a stone’s throw from that beer geek magnet Cantillon.
After you go through the gate, and cross the little courtyard, you’ll find the actual brewery on the left hand side — small, but complete, bottling line and all — which is worth a visit already, but on the right hand side, there’s a taproom almost as big as the brewery itself. Industrial pallets have been used to create tables, benches and even lighting fixtures. On the side with a little platform — which can be used as a stage, like they did during the opening party — there’s a beautiful ‘wall’ painting.
Behind the bar there are six pumps, pouring L’Ermitage‘s own beers, served either in 33 cl Craft Master glasses, or a 15 cl version thereof. If you’re about to taste several beers, your best option probably is to order a flight of four different beers.
For now, the only thing available to eat is crisps, but expect some cheese and cured meat platters from Saint Octave soon, so you can more easily stay until last call.
We think we’ve found the new hot spot of Anderlecht!
- 6 L’Ermitage beers on draught
- Bottles to take home
- Cheese and cured meat platters from Saint Octave soon!
Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
Rue Lambert Crickxstraat 24-28
+32 2 520 51 11
What have people been drinking here recently?
- David Looses is drinking a Tempérance at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Jake is drinking a Holy Black Cherry at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Scott Fleming is drinking a L’Amoureux 1 - HBC 586 at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Anniken Flatlandsmo is drinking a Triple HHH at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Erik Flatlandsmo is drinking a Lermitage Pale With Green Tea at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Erik Flatlandsmo is drinking a Holy Black Cherry at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Erik Flatlandsmo is drinking a Triple HHH at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Anniken Flatlandsmo is drinking a Lermitage Pale With Green Tea at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Erik Flatlandsmo is drinking a L'Arcane Sans Nom at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage
- Anniken Flatlandsmo is drinking a Tempérance at Nanobrasserie de l'Ermitage