It’s the end of August, which means it’s time for the biggest craft beer festival of Brussels: BXLBeerFest! For this third edition they’re once again pulling out all the stops to make this a great beer festival: clean glasses for every beer served, cold storage for the kegs, great food, and plenty of room to sit or walk around to socialise with old and new beer friends!
Sixty different breweries from ten different countries will gather again at BXLBeerFest, a lot of of them quite familiar to most beer lovers, a lot of others will only be present at a Belgian festival for the first time. Almost half of the breweries will be Belgian, but even locals can rest assured: they will bring plenty of beers you probably haven’t tasted yet.
As set out from the start, clean glassware is primordial for the enjoyment of a beer, so every beer you order is served a new, freshly cleaned glass, which you can leave behind at any bar once you’re done with it. Of course you can take one home as a souvenir after your very last beer at the festival.
As most larger beer festivals nowadays, the beer list is available on Untappd. What sets this festival apart, is the live updating of the beer list during the whole festival. This means, if you use the Untappd app and turn on notifications for the BXLBeerFest menu, within minutes after plugging a new keg, you’ll know about it!*
The beers might very well be the stars of the show, the food deserves a special mention as well! Not only will there be a carefully picked selection of food trucks the whole weekend, on Sunday some of the best chefs will prepare some delicious dishes, served with some exclusive beers from participating breweries. Don’t forget to book for one of those special sessions if you don’t want to miss out.
BXLBeerFest ends each day at 8 PM, and there is no official after party or anything like that at Tour & Taxis. You might see that as a missed opportunity, but it is actually a very conscious choice: the organisers love Brussels as much as beer, and they want to encourage the festival visitors to discover the many great beer bars and restaurants the city has to offer. Don’t hesitate to ask one of the locals for recommendations, or even if you can just tag along!
*Disclaimer: The author of this article is the Untappd wrangler for BXLBeerFest
- Over 300 beers from 60 different breweries from all over the world!
- 4 taps per brewery, so pouring 240 different beers at any given time
- Live updated menu at Untappd
- Private beer tastings, led by the brewers
- Bottle shop
- Food from high-quality food trucks.
- Culinary tastings, pairing great food with beer, with some of the best local chefs
- Access for 1 day and festival glass for € 5,41 (On site: € 10,00)
- Access for 2 days and festival glass for € 9,66 (On site: € 15,00)
- 20 tokens of €1 for € 19,21 (On site: € 20,00)
- Several different beer tasting and pairing sessions
- Additional tokens are available on site for € 1,00 a piece
Be at the BXL BeerFest
- On Saturday August 24 and Sunday August 25 2019
- From 12:00 until 20:00 each day
- Tour & Taxis – Shed 3