Super Fourchette describes itself as “Record restaurant, sustainable and comforting canteen, showcase for independent labels”. In this description, they neglect to mention that this ‘canteen’ also serves a nice selection of organic, Belgian beers to go with your lunch. Pick your seat carefully though, and sit at one of the ‘listening tables’, if you want to listen to your own choice of music on vinyl or cassette, while having your beer and bite!
Beer is certainly not the main focus of Super Fourchette—we would say the music is—but if you have Dupont (Biolégère), De Plukker (Blonde Tapuit) and St-Feuillien (Grisette) as your main beer suppliers, you’re off to a good start already. Apart from the permanent offer, there are some regularly changing beers on the blackboard, like during our visit La Zoevel (De la Lesse), 100 PAP (3 Fontaines, not to be confused with 3 Fonteinen!), and Rookop (De Plukker). They seem to have taken care to offer a nice spread of beer styles.
We understand and respect the decision to serve only organic beers, but we have to say we don’t count a lot of organic beers among our favourites. We just hope that organic barleys and hops will one day soon catch up with their non-organic counterparts, when it comes to flavour and variety. However, some of the Cantillon beers are great examples of how much can already be done with organic ingredients currently available.
The food menu is very simple: two varieties of grilled cheese sandwiches, a soup of the day with bread and butter, and a couple of weekly suggestions on the blackboards. We had the soup—carrots, ginger and cumin—and the ‘Super grilled cheese’ sandwich (with cheddar, caramelised onions and mustard) with some oven roasted potatoes added, and were very happy with both: it’s very clear they don’t compromise on ingredients, and this shines through in the flavour.
As mentioned, music is very important for Super Fourchette, and every second Sunday of the month they organise a special brunch with a live concert. If you can’t come that day, just browse through the vinyls and cassettes from a couple of selected record labels, to listen to during your visit, or to buy to take home.
- No beers on draught
- A small selection of organic, Belgian beers
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Soup of the day
- Dishes of the week
Zwaluwenstraat 3 Rue des Hirondelles
+32 2 267 13 01
What have people been drinking here recently?
- Pierre is drinking a Kölschique Dans Les Prés at Super Fourchette
- Nicolas PHAN is drinking a 1897 at Super Fourchette
- Thomas Schillings is drinking a 1897 at Super Fourchette
- Arthur Heijmans is drinking a Tropicaal at Super Fourchette
- Aurelien Doucet is drinking a Zenne Pils at Super Fourchette
- Jeroen Ackerman is drinking a Blonde Tapuit at Super Fourchette
- Arthur Heijmans is drinking a Blonde Tapuit at Super Fourchette
- Pierre is drinking a Trottinette at Super Fourchette
- Pierre is drinking a Raison at Super Fourchette
- Arthur Heijmans is drinking a La Becasse Kriek at Super Fourchette