We’ve sat outside a couple of beer shops enjoying a freshly bought fresh beer before, but there are only few beer shops that actually encourage this. Luckily, Les Fleurs du Malt does—at least in summer—and it has set up a nice little terrace on the square in front of the store. This was an excellent opportunity for us to spend a bit more time on the metro to get to Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, as it turns out, for the first time for this blog.
While the terrace is a nice addition to Les Fleurs du Malt, even in winter the shop will still be a great source for good beer for the inhabitants of Woluwe-Saint-Lambert. The shelves—nicely sorted by style—are filled with beers from just about all the Brussels breweries, and from other Belgian breweries. We could find some ‘old’ favourites like De Ranke, De Dochter van de Korenaar, Tilquin, Oud Beersel, 3 Fonteinen and Struise, but also some newer, lesser-known breweries like Kerel—which is experimenting with canning their beers as well—or Belgium Peak Beer.
Behind the counter, there’s a fridge full of beers, a selection of what the shop has to offer. If you’d like to enjoy the beer of your choice on the terrace—or at the central, bar height table in the middle of the shop—they’ll open the beer for you, and get you a glass. What else would you need to enjoy your purchase straight away?
The sunny weather won’t last, consequently neither will the terrace, so enjoy it while it’s there!
- No beers on draught
- A small selection of bottles and cans in the fridge
- A large selection of Belgian beers on the shelves
Les Fleurs du Malt
Ridder Koninglaan 45 Avenue Roi Chevalier
+32 479 41 48 10
What have people been drinking here recently?
- Anton Artes is drinking a Na Pali at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Sarah L is drinking a Primitive 042 at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Sarah L is drinking a FUGU ON TOUR #1 Ft. Gamma Brewing at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Ivan Kliuchnikov is drinking a Kasteel Tripel at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Thomas Van Raemdonck is drinking a Techno Kveiking at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Dan 0 is drinking a Mwana Bissa at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Dan 0 is drinking a Hop Circles at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Marie Vdl is drinking a Futuro Bourbon Barrel Aged at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Marie Vdl is drinking a Concrete Ocean at Les Fleurs du Malt
- Vincent Callut is drinking a Hill of Tears at Les Fleurs du Malt