From the outside, it would be easy to think Fernand Obb is yet another greasy spoon, but both the food and the beer menu will quickly show you it’s not: upscale burgers, luxury shrimp and cheese croquettes, and a wide range of local beers.
Don’t expect to find any chips though, but we promise you: you will not miss them at all!
The breadcrumbed fried food roll known as croquette originally contained beef ragout—and this version still is very popular in the Netherlands—but in Belgium a version made with shrimps became more popular, closely followed by cheese croquettes. Both Belgian versions take center stage at Fernand Obb, and rightfully so: in October 2018 they were announced as the winner of the Brussels shrimp croquette contest, judged by Michelin star chef Pierre Wynants and culinary journalists, and now Fernand Obb can call theirs, “Brussels’ best shrimp croquettes”. After tasting them, we can’t disagree with this title.
It would probably have been a bit too croquetty, if they would have added potato croquettes to the menu as a side dish as well, so they decided to give another Belgian classic—the waffle—a twist, thus creating the very crispy ‘gaufrite‘.
While Fernand Obb‘s Christmas market stall had a l’Ermitage beer on draught, there are only bottled beers available in the restaurant. We can’t complain thought, since some beers from most Brussels breweries were present: l’Ermitage, Brussels Beer Project, De la Senne, No Science, and even nearby BeerStorming!
- No beers on draught
- A surprisingly wide range of bottled beers, most of them from Brussels breweries
- ‘Brussels’ best shrimp croquettes‘
- Cheese croquettes
Rue de Taminesstraat 27
+32 2 771 91 08
What have people been drinking here recently?
- Arwen Ronner is drinking a 1897 at Fernand Obb
- Nico De Muyt is drinking a 1897 at Fernand Obb
- Philippe is drinking a Curieuse Neus at Fernand Obb
- Lukas Goovaerts is drinking a Polar Slap at Fernand Obb
- Malthe Høy Jensen is drinking a Théorème de l'Empereur at Fernand Obb
- kaktus veljko is drinking a Classic Gueuze (2022) at Fernand Obb
- Axelle Charlier is drinking a Double Trouble at Fernand Obb
- Axelle Charlier is drinking a Curieuse Neus at Fernand Obb
- Brian Bieniowski is drinking a Classic Gueuze (2022) at Fernand Obb
- Mads Egedal Sørensen is drinking a Surréaliste at Fernand Obb