UPDATE: The shop in Jette has closed, but Fermenthings moved in with La Source, now mainly focussing on workshops and fermented food.
Beer is the — sometimes very beautiful — result of fermentation, but so are coffee, cheese, cider, kombucha, miso, and many other delicacies. At Fermenthings, you’ll not only find many of these products, but also the necessary tools and ingredients to make your own at home. Beer — from Belgium and far abroad — features heavily in the store, and we’re not sorry about that at all! Quite a few of those beers are even chilling in a fridge, so you can have a taste, before stocking up on beer and other fermented products.
Fermenthings is a store for all things fermented, but the love for beer is quite obvious, when you hear Yannick tell you all about their selection. And what a selection it is! Of course all the brewers from Brussels are represented, as are most of the other Belgian brewers we appreciate, like De Dochter van de Korenaar, ‘t Verzet, De Ranke, Tilquin, Alvinne, and 3 Fonteinen.
On the foreign side — which actually is the other side of the store — you’ll find beers from Italian brewers Bibibir and Lambrate, Polish brewers Birbant, Raduga, and Kingpin, Canadian brewer Dunham, English brewers Anspach & Hobday and Wild Beer, and Welsh brewer Tiny Rebel.
Fermenthings might not be a bar, but there are some glasses available to have a taste from the beers in the fridge. There’s plenty of fermented food available, but — like the beer — that’s actually meant to be taken home.
Even though Fermenthings isn’t exclusively a beer shop, it certainly is a welcome addition to the beer retail scene, filling a huge gap in the northwestern part of the Brussels region.
- Usually no beers on draught
- A great selection of bottled and canned beers
- All of the Brussels breweries, and a lot of interesting ones elsewhere in Belgium
- Foreign breweries, some of them not usually found in other beer shops
- Fermented foods like kimchi, but mostly to take away
Rue Diedonné Lefèvrestraat 4
+32 479 31 02 22
What have people been drinking here recently?
- Scott Buckley is drinking a Basque Cider at Fermenthings
- Olof Petterson is drinking a Kwee - Oogst 2022 at Fermenthings
- Olof Petterson is drinking a Royal - Oogst 2022 at Fermenthings
- Paweł Lisiak is drinking a Noir de Dottignies at Fermenthings
- Bill L is drinking a Trompe L’œil at Fermenthings
- Frederik V is drinking a Daemon #19 Astaroth - Smoked Imperial Stout at Fermenthings
- Frederik V is drinking an Aqua Diabolica at Fermenthings
- Jo Rilak is drinking a Fecht & Danube at Fermenthings
- Jo Rilak is drinking an Ardente & Kastar at Fermenthings
- Alex Gomes is drinking a Pay In Blood at Fermenthings