Don’t judge a bar by it’s appearance, is a lesson we’ve learnt early on when writing this blog. In the case of De Gele Poraa, this is more true than ever! After you make your way past the — largely unused — smoking room, try to make your way between the bar and the first couple of tables, the room opens up, and you have the opportunity to take a minute to look at the beers on the chalkboards. Well, you might need more than just a minute, since for what appears to be just a little neighbourhood bar, the offer is surprisingly large!
The current menu at De Gele Poraa lists beers from De Ranke and ‘t Verzet, and local boys De la Senne, No Science, and L’Ermitage, even serving their tea infused pale ale Théorème de l’Empereur on draught! For those who need a tasty gluten free beer, there’s even BrewDog‘s Vagabond Pale Ale.
From a quick look at the empty bottles on the shelves, and at the Untappd checkins the past weeks, we learn they like to change their beers regularly, and we find beers from Beerstorming and En Stoemelings, and even quite a few great foreign breweries!
The food offer — as far as we could find it on the blackboards — is very limited: crisps, dry sausages, mixed platters, so just your regular pub grub.
The booze selection on the other hand, is above average again: single malt whisky lovers, rejoice!
Jette might be quite a trek from almost any part of Brussels — lacking metro stops — but it seems you can get your fix of good local, and even foreign beers here after all! It now makes a lot more sense Fermenthings — we’ll visit it soon — opened shop here!
- 6 beers on draught
- Including special guests like L’Ermitage’s Théorème de l’Empereur
- An impressive bottle selection from local and other Belgian craft breweries
- De Ranke
- ‘t Verzet
- De la Senne
- No Science
- BrewDog‘s Vagabond for those who need a tasty gluten free beer
- Crisps, dry sausages, mixed platters
De Gele Poraa
Rue Jules Lahayestraat 27
+32 2 420 66 45
What have people been drinking here recently?
- Casper François is drinking a La Trappe Dubbel at De Gele Poraa
- Michael Van-Den-Eede is drinking a Cuvée des Trolls at De Gele Poraa
- Yassin Fth is drinking a Zinnebir at De Gele Poraa
- Pierre-Yves Mahiez is drinking a Taras Boulba at De Gele Poraa
- Amaury Lejeune is drinking a Kölsch Style at De Gele Poraa
- Arnaud Van der Straeten is drinking a Westmalle Trappist Dubbel at De Gele Poraa
- Arnaud Van der Straeten is drinking a Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb at De Gele Poraa
- Arnaud Bulif is drinking a Kölsch Style at De Gele Poraa
- Arnaud Bulif is drinking a Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb at De Gele Poraa
- Arnaud Van der Straeten is drinking a Sabotage at De Gele Poraa