The beer festival season has started again, and this year sees the launch of yet another festival, but one we’re particularly excited about: the BXL BeerFest! The beer festival is still a couple of months away — the 26th and 27th of August 2017 at Tour & Taxis — but tickets are already available now!
So what makes us so excited about BXL BeerFest? Well, for starters, a lot of breweries we already know and love — Belgian and foreign — will be attending the festival. Secondly, it managed to introduce us to a couple of breweries we hadn’t heard of — and certainly haven’t yet tried any beers of — which is already quite an impressive feat for a beer festival in Belgium. And finally, with Olivier Desmet, owner of the famed beer restaurant Nüetnigenough, we expect very high standards for the food trucks that will be present.
The other names behind this festival might sound familiar as well: Jean Hummer, owner of Moeder Lambic and as such a pioneer in the Brussels craft beer world, Kevin Desmet, beer lover and the blogger behind BelgianBeerGeek.be — one of the blogs that inpired us to start a blog of our own — and Vincent Callut, the craft beer communications specialist behind MeetMyBeers.com.
We’ll get back to this festival later this summer, but meanwhile, keep an eye on their site (BXLBeerFest.com), tweets or Facebook page, and check out the (still incomplete) list of attending breweries below!
Brussels breweries at the BXL BeerFest
Other Belgian breweries at the BXL BeerFest
- 3 Fonteinen
- De Bastogne
- De Blaugies
- Du Brabant
- De Cam
- De Dochter Van De Korenaar
- Hof Ten Dormaal
- De La Lienne
- De Ranke
- La Rulles
- ‘t Verzet
Breweries from abroad at the BXL BeerFest
- The Veil Brewing Company (USA)
- Pit Caribou (CAN)
- Tête D’allumette (CAN)
- Dunham (CAN)
- Moor (ENG)
- Time & Tide (ENG)
- Anspach & Hobday (ENG)
- Canediguerra (ITA)
- Naparbier (ESP)
- Agullons (ESP)
- Tommie Sjef Wild Ales (NED)
- Thiriez (FRA)
- Mean Sardine (POR)
- Pravda Beer Theatre (UKR)
- 200 beers from 50 breweries from Brussels and the rest of the world!
- Food from high quality food trucks.
- Access (2 days), festival glass and tasting leaflet for € 9,00 (0n site: 15€)
- Access (2 days), festival glass, tasting leaflet, and 9 tokens for € 25,00
- Additional tokens for € 2,00 a piece
Be at the BXL BeerFest
- On Saturday August 26 and Sunday August 27 2017
- From 11:00 until 20:00
- Tour & Taxis – Sheds 3, 3bis +4bis