The Pecker family just keeps expanding. And after the outdoorsy Woodpecker, the much more urban Streetpecker opened on the still-not-quite-finished Place Rogier. The concept is more like the slightly older Peck 47 and 20 though: a great selection of — often very eggy — breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes, which can be washed down with one of the local beers, in a trendy but still welcoming setting.
The usual locals available at Streetpecker are Taras Boulba, Zinnebir and Jambe-de-Bois from still Molenbeek based brewery De la Senne, and the slightly less locally brewed — at Anders! — Brussels Beer Project headliners Delta and Grosse Bertha. Notice how we only mention local beers this time, whereas in our review of Peck 47 we mentioned foreign beers as well. However, it has been quite a while since we’ve seen any foreign craft beers in the Peck venues… The beer of the month still exists, though, and this month’s beer was Brussels Beer Project‘s Juice Junkie (which is indeed brewed in their Brussels brewery).
Quite a few dishes on the menu might seem familiar if you’ve ever visited one of the Pecks before, but notably missing are the dinner dishes. This is not surprising, considering the neighbourhood — mostly offices and people going to or coming from the North Station — and the decision to close early: at 3 on weekdays, at 4 during the weekend. But rest assured, all those poached eggs — on English muffins or waffles — are still available!
- No beers on draught
- Brussels Beer Project & De la Senne on bottle
- A Beer of the Month
- Pages and pages of freshly prepared breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes, often featuring poached eggs
Place Rogierplein 3
+32 2 345 82 42
What have people been drinking here recently?
- Terje J. is drinking a Babylone at Streetpecker
- Matt is drinking a Grosse Bertha at Streetpecker
- Matt is drinking a Delta IPA at Streetpecker
- Mo U. is drinking a Jambe-de-Bois at Streetpecker
- Mo U. is drinking a Zinnebir at Streetpecker
- Mo U. is drinking a BS#0105 - Nordic Hopster at Streetpecker
- Amanda C. is drinking a Zinnebir at Streetpecker
- Gábor W. is drinking a BS#0105 - Nordic Hopster at Streetpecker
- Gábor Wyszoczky is drinking a Grosse Bertha at Streetpecker
- Sandra Nises is drinking a Jambe-de-Bois at Streetpecker